Instructions for Reviewers
Following are the instructions for the reviewers as per Journal’s SOPs
- The reviewers can only review the manuscripts for which they have the subject expertise required to carry out a proper and timely assessment.
- The reviewers are expected to respect the confidentiality of peer review and not to disclose any details of a manuscript.
- The reviewers will not use information obtained during the peer-review process for their personal or any other person’s or organization’s advantage, or to harm or disgrace others.
- They will declare all potential conflicting interests, seeking advice from the journal if they are unsure whether something constitutes a relevant interest.
- They are also not allowed for any kind of discrimination based on origins of a manuscript, nationality, religious or political beliefs, gender or other characteristics of the authors, or by commercial considerations.
- The reviewers should be objective and constructive in their reviews, refraining from being hostile or inflammatory and from making defamatory or derogatory personal comments.
- They will provide accurate information regarding their personal and professional expertise.
- It should also be recognized that impersonation of another individual during the review process will be considered serious misconduct.
- The reviewers are independent in making reviews of the article as they deem fit or think appropriate.
For a detailed account of the ethical guidelines for peer reviewers developed by COPE, please access the following document: